1) Apple Pie -- I prefer apple dumplings to apple pie, but the apples must be tart and both must be warm and buried under vanilla bean ice cream
2) Cherry Pie -- not too crazy about cherry pie, but again the cherries must be sour/tart. I prefer a pie called "bumbleberry", which is a mixed berry pie, heavy on the raspberries.
3) Pumpkin Pie -- a holiday favorite, best enjoyed with whipped topping made from scratch like grandma used to make. My partner likes to use real pumpkin, not that canned stuff.
4) Chocolate Cream Pie -- only if dark chocolate. Would compromise if it was mint chocolate though.
5) Pecan Pie -- mmm, yumm :-)
Bonus Question: Do you have a favorite kind of pie not on this admittedly short list?
When I was a child, a local restaurant (long closed) had a peanut butter cream pie that had a great, firm peanut butter cream texture with chopped peanuts throughout. I have tried other peanut butter pies over the last 20 years or so, and I am almost always dissapointed.
I probably shouldn't have used a Friday Five to return to the Blog World, but I am at work and I can't imbed links for some reason.
I will write more later.